Art Gallery

From Canada With Love

Hockey girl

I realize that I’m a little late in the game, but I just started watching The Bachelor online. Pretty productive spring break, eh? Yeahhh, probably not so much… See, you have to understand that I NEVER meant for this to happen, but it did. I caved. And, there was no going back after I rediscovered the same addiction that previously kept me coming back to Marta, Jason, and even Rose.

Not to mention, any loyal viewer knows that we always end up feeling like we know the contestants, especially after they do their rejection interview on Ellen. I mean, that is really the point though, right? To get overly invested in someone else’s nationally televised relationship? So, I’m on episode 4 now, and it got me thinking (something eventually had to)… If I somehow found myself looking at an RV with Jake’s group of girls, which one wouldn’t I mind taking a road trip with?

As far as I can tell, I’d go with Gia. She seems easy to get along with and tries to stay above a lot of the drama. Plus, any girl that can reference Tyson vs. Holyfield and still rock Hermes might just be my long-lost BFF.

Ok, before anyone calls for my head on a platter, this is NOT what it looks like. Yes, I own a Team Canada Sidney Crosby jersey, but I am no Benedict Arnold. I am from Pittsburgh and obviously a Pens supporter through and through, so my Dad got me and my brother jerseys BEFORE the Olympics began. And, believe me when I say that it was not even acknowledged during the tournament. I was Team USA all the way and only had eyes for the likes of Miller and Parise. I mean, how freaking gut-wrenching was it to watch those guys hang their heads at medal ceremony? Ugh, my heart cried.

But, just because a rival team gained temporary custody of Crosby and Fleury, doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to be silently proud of how they represented the game. It was a phenomenal tournament, great for hockey, and could have only been written better if the U.S. pulled off the win. Sighhh.

However, the real reason that I’m even publicly claiming ownership to this jersey is because it was the only red piece of clothing in my closet as of a week ago. I’ve never been a big fan of wearing red. (I think I look like a hooker in red.) But, oh how things seem to be changing... When I spotted this black blouse, I was surprisingly smitten. In fact, I HAD TO HAVE IT.

People, I think this means my fashion sense is growing up. Ever since I turned 22, I feel like I have a responsibility to pull myself together and actually dress like an adult. I even catch myself getting excited to plan cute outfits and accessorize. Weird.

Now, this could just be a fluke, and I’ll find myself back in jeans and an oversized Pens t-shirt by tonight, but I think this could really be the start of something good.

VIA «From Canada With Love»